July 29, 2020
Recently you received a request to complete a survey to supply us with information regarding plans for your child’s education during the 2020-21 school year. As can be understood, many of you have questions regarding the online options.
Imbler School District will be partnering with the Intermountain ESD to provide an online option through Imbler Virtual Learning Academy. As you work as a family to decide what option may work best for you, the following information regarding the academy may be helpful:
- Students will remain a part of the Imbler School District be welcome to participate in extracurricular activities. The district will continue to receive funding for the student. Out of district students will retain student status.
- Students in K-6 will be enrolled full-time online.
- Two teachers have been hired to facilitate elementary classes – K-2 and 3-6. The teachers are dynamic and are anxious to have a conversation with parents about how to serve each individual child best. The question of what a typical day will look like will be answered through discussions with parents. The teachers intend to have a live meeting with at-home activities and dynamic learning online.
- Students in 7-12 may enroll for individual courses or full-time based upon need.
- School district personnel will work with each student and family to determine which course(s).
The online academy will be the best fit for families who are concerned about the health and safety of returning to the face to face classroom. You can find a flyer for the academy here.
Many of you are aware of ODE’s most recent requirements for school reopening, which are tied to the number of cases and positivity rates in both the state and county. There is currently work being completed behind the scenes, which will more than likely have an impact on current requirements. I realize the past week has been one frustration after another, and you want to know how your child’s education will look. As you make your choices, I ask that you consider Imbler School District.